Episode 9 | We Know the System is Rigged: Big Money’s Disparate Impact on Voters of Color
Voter suppression is a battery of tactics that protect the interests of the wealthiest among us and prevent working-class communities and communities of color from participating and having confidence in our democracy. In this episode, leaders of grassroots organizations share what they have learned in recent campaigns about the impact of big money in local and state politics. Centering racial equity in the fight against money in politics will protect voters and strengthen our democracy.
• Moderator: Dr. Carol Lautier, Senior Partnerships Manager, Demos
• Delvone Michael, Senior Political Strategist, Working Families Party
• Liz Dupee, Director, Washington Democracy Hub
• Charly Carter, Founder & Executive Director, Step Up Maryland
• Dwight Bullard, Political Director, New Florida Majority
• Andrea Serrano, Executive Director, OLÉ New Mexico