Episode Seven | Save Democracy, Save the Planet
In this episode, inspiring leaders from across the political spectrum share what you can do to protect our planet from the outsized influence of the fossil fuel industry, which is spending top dollar lobbying Congress and stymieing federal reform. Americans face unprecedented environmental crises—intensifying hurricanes and wildfires, contaminated drinking water and air pollution, heat waves and polar vortexes, rising sea levels and drought have all become the new normal. These leading advocates and activists are working from the community to the congressional level to protect and preserve our planet.
• Moderator: Jamie Henn, Strategic Communications Director, 350.org
• Speaker 1: Aru Shiney-Ajay,Trainings Director, Sunrise Movement
• Speaker 2: Debbie Dooley, President, Conservatives for Energy Freedom
• Speaker 3: Michael Leon Guerrero, Executive Director, Labor Network for Sustainability
• Speaker 4: Nancy Metayer, Climate Justice Program Manager, The New Florida Majority